By Steven Seidman
- Responds to present concerns, debates, and new social movements
- Reviews sociological thought from a modern perspective
- Reveals how the common theorist and the period of rival colleges has been changed via networks of clustered debates which are really 'autonomous' and interdisciplinary
- Features updates and in-depth discussions of the most recent clustered debates in social theory—intimacy, postcolonial nationalism, and the concept that of 'the other'
- Challenges social scientists to resume their dedication to the $64000 ethical and political position social wisdom performs in public life
- Accompanied via a better half web site for college students at www.wiley.com/go/seidman that includes bankruptcy outlines and beneficial internet hyperlinks; an teacher website can be accessed which positive aspects password-protected PowerPoint educating slides
Read Online or Download Contested Knowledge: Social Theory Today PDF
Best sociology books
This assortment makes a different contribution to the learn of anti-Muslim prejudice via putting the problem in either its prior and current context. The essays disguise ancient and modern topics from the 11th century to the current day. They research the types that anti-Muslim prejudice takes, the old affects on those varieties, and the way they relate to other kinds of prejudice equivalent to racism, antisemitism or sexism, and certainly how anti-Muslim prejudice turns into institutionalized.
First released in 1998. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
First released in 1988. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
This booklet provides a state-of-the paintings choice of unique contributions on democracy, addressing 3 similar topics: the complexity of recent democracies and their structural variety; coping innovations of democracies in occasions of crises; and present and strength trajectories and modifications of democracy.
- Discursive Acts: Language, Signs, and Selves
- Body Studies: The Basics
- Social Science: An Introduction to the Study of Society -- Pearson eText
- Cities and the Wealth of Nations: Principles of Economic Life
Additional info for Contested Knowledge: Social Theory Today
Contested Knowledge: Social Theory Today by Steven Seidman