By Olumuyiwa Omonaiye
• Very beneficial insights into the sexual cum social behaviors between Nigerian teenagers which are the salient/hidden drivers of the HIV/AIDS epidemics in Nigeria. this can be graphically illustrated with true-life tales of some of the struggles that teenagers are experiencing of their sexual/social lives of their bid to avoid HIV/AIDS.
• Illumination at the functional and candid methods of addressing the unfold of HIV/AIDS between our younger adults.
• extra perception to the truth that human habit is advanced and that complete wisdom of the damage of a disorder consequently (HIV/AIDS) doesn't instantly result in behavioral switch for people to guard themselves.
This booklet also will function a spring board for extra in-depth and problematic examine paintings to be performed within the quarter of psychoanalysis of the sexual/social behaviors that takes the centre degree within the sexual lives of teens in Nigeria.
By Robert Olson
This publication contains papers at the following: the influence of age on amino acid requisites; the mechanisms of model to low-protein intakes; the metabolic effects of crucial amino acid deficiency in larger animals; carbohydrate metabolism; diet deficiencies linked to PCM; and mineral metabolism in PCM. different experiences care for the consequences of malnutrition on endocrine functionality; liver functionality in PCM; the synergistic interplay of malnutrition and an infection; and the therapy and prevention of PCM.
By Shuodong Wu,Ying Fan,Yu Tian
By Nelson Butters,Laird S. Cermak
By Alan E. Read,R. F. Harvey,J. M. Naish
Organized into 26 chapters, this version starts with an summary of the experimental proof that illustrates the workings of emotion of the intestine. this article then examines some of the features of oral sickness that mirror or reason problems of the gastrointestinal tract. different chapters reflect on the mechanisms that hinder gastro-esophageal reflux. This ebook discusses to boot the features of the biliary process, pancreas, and top small gut, that are managed through a fancy sequence of built-in neural and endocrine mechanisms. the ultimate bankruptcy bargains with needle biopsy of the liver.
This booklet is a important source for gastroenterologists, physicians, surgeons, radiologists, pathologists, and scientists.
By Tim D. Oury,Thomas A. Sporn,Victor L. Roggli
The 3rd version of Pathology of Asbestos-Associated Diseases builds at the luck of the former versions by means of absolutely updating wisdom on diagnostic and epidemiologic features and featuring very important new insights derived from new epidemiologic reports and animal stories. historical past details is first supplied at the mineralogy of asbestos, occupational and environmental publicity, and asbestos our bodies. many of the illnesses linked to asbestos publicity are then thought of in flip, with unique description and representation of pathologic gains in addition to huge dialogue of etiology, epidemiology, differential prognosis, remedy, and diagnosis. additional chapters are dedicated to cytopathology, experimental types of disorder, research of tissue mineral fiber content material, and medicolegal matters. This publication could be an important reference for pathologists and a useful resource of data for pulmonologists, radiologists, and occupational scientific practitioners.
By Gail Skowron,Richard Ogden
By Gy. Mózsik,O. Hänninen,T. Jàvor
The identify first covers move and mucosal safeguard, after which proceeds to tackling the organization of gastrointestinal mechanisms with the secretory features. subsequent, the choice offers with the resistance in gastric mucosa and mucosal power provision. The textual content additionally discusses telephone renewal and toxicity, besides biotransformation and meals. partly VII, the identify information the immunomechanisms of safeguard at mucosa. The final half covers the second one line safeguard at liver and enterohepatic flow.
The publication will of significant curiosity to either researchers and practitioners of scientific fields fascinated with the digestive system.
By Lee A Fleisher
Your expertise of unusual illnesses and attainable problems is key to profitable anesthetic sufferer administration. Anesthesia and unusual illnesses, sixth variation, brings you brand new with new info on much less ordinarily noticeable illnesses and stipulations, together with the most recent proof and administration instructions. This designated scientific reference publication is key for an entire realizing of today’s top ideas and strength problems in anesthesia.
- Improve your skill to effectively deal with each sufferer, together with people with infrequent ailments or conditions.
- Avoid issues with exact insurance of an incredible point of anesthetic management.
- Stay present with all-new chapters on grownup congenital center disorder, rheumatic ailments, and the melanoma sufferer, plus many extra revisions throughout.
- Get remarkable visible suggestions with hundreds of thousands of illustrations, now in complete color.
By Moyra MD, PhD Smith
Seeking Cures outlines the growth and implications of science's quest to spot healing ambitions and begin novel remedies on the gene, RNA, protein, and physiological degrees. additionally thought of are points of therapy on the mobile point (e.g., people with hematopoietic stem cells or prompted pluripotent stem cells).
Topics coated during this textual content include:
· define of the tactics usual for picking out disease-modifying therapies
· examples of more moderen healing ways in use or lower than research to regard lysosomal garage ailments, inborn blunders of metabolism, mitochondrial useful defects, and particular monogenic diseases
· healing designs for particular complicated universal ailments, together with Alzheimer's illness, melanoma, and autism
Through those particular examples, Seeking Cures offers a glimpse on the pursuit-and future-of custom-made medicine.