By Barna William Donovan
Read or Download Blood, Guns, and Testosterone: Action Films, Audiences, and a Thirst for Violence PDF
Similar popular culture books
Basil Bernstein is arguably probably the most vital academic theorists of the past due twentieth century. while so much lecturers and scholars in sociology of schooling recognize of Bernstein, few can declare to completely comprehend the scope and gear of his paintings, which easily can't be matched via any of his contemporaries.
Self reinvention has turn into a preoccupation of up to date tradition. within the final decade, Hollywood made a 500-million-dollar wager in this thought with video clips comparable to Multiplicity, struggle membership, eXistenZ, and seize Me if you happen to Can. Self reinvention marks the careers of Madonna, Ani DiFranco, Martha Stewart, and Robin Williams.
This ebook highlights the easiest new interdisciplinary examine at the concept and perform of cosmopolitanism, with a different specialise in the cosmopolitan literatures of Europe, Asia, Africa, and North the US, from medieval instances to the present.
Lady superstar and getting old: again within the highlight interrogates the myriad ways that famous person tradition constructs hugely seen ideologies of femininity and ageing, and the way getting old girl celebrities have negotiated the media in various business, ancient and nationwide contexts. within the period whilst the ‘baby boomers’ have began drawing their pensions, the limits of what constitutes ‘old age’ have by no means appeared extra fluid, and growing old hasn't ever been awarded by means of advertisers and sellers in a extra dynamic type.
- Media Spectacle and Insurrection, 2011: From the Arab Uprisings to Occupy Everywhere (Critical Adventures in New Media)
- Social Theory and Education Research: Understanding Foucault, Habermas,Bourdieu and Derrida
- Interpretation of Beethoven's Fidelio or Leonore and four different overtures
- The Hidden Musicians: Music-Making in an English Town (Music Culture)
- Fredric Wertham and the Critique of Mass Culture
- This is the Sound of Irony: Music, Politics and Popular Culture (Ashgate Popular and Folk Music Series)
Additional resources for Blood, Guns, and Testosterone: Action Films, Audiences, and a Thirst for Violence
Blood, Guns, and Testosterone: Action Films, Audiences, and a Thirst for Violence by Barna William Donovan