By Travis Langley,Michael Uslan,Dennis O'Neil
Crusader, the darkish Knight who evokes worry in evildoers everywhere
Batman is among the so much compelling and enduring characters to come back from the Golden Age of Comics, and curiosity in his tale has basically elevated via numerous incarnations when you consider that his first visual appeal in Detective Comics #27 in 1939. Why does this superhero with no superpowers fascinate us? What does that fascination say about us? Batman and Psychology explores those and different interesting questions about the masked vigilante, together with: Does Batman have PTSD? Why does he struggle crime? Why as a vigilante? Why the masks, the bat, and the underage associate? Why are his so much intimate relationships with "bad ladies" he should lock up? And why will not he kill that homicidal, green-haired clown?
- Gives you clean insights into the complicated internal international of Batman and Bruce Wayne and the existence and characters of Gotham City
- Explains mental conception and ideas throughout the lens of 1 of the world's most well-liked comedian booklet characters
- Written via a psychology professor and "Superherologist" (scholar of superheroes)
Read or Download Batman and Psychology: A Dark and Stormy Knight PDF
Similar popular culture books
Basil Bernstein is arguably essentially the most vital academic theorists of the past due twentieth century. when so much lecturers and scholars in sociology of schooling be aware of of Bernstein, few can declare to completely comprehend the scope and gear of his paintings, which easily can't be matched by means of any of his contemporaries.
Self reinvention has develop into a preoccupation of up to date tradition. within the final decade, Hollywood made a 500-million-dollar guess in this inspiration with videos resembling Multiplicity, struggle membership, eXistenZ, and capture Me should you Can. Self reinvention marks the careers of Madonna, Ani DiFranco, Martha Stewart, and Robin Williams.
This booklet highlights the simplest new interdisciplinary study at the concept and perform of cosmopolitanism, with a unique concentrate on the cosmopolitan literatures of Europe, Asia, Africa, and North the US, from medieval occasions to the present.
Girl megastar and growing old: again within the highlight interrogates the myriad ways that megastar tradition constructs hugely obvious ideologies of femininity and getting older, and the way getting older woman celebrities have negotiated the media in various commercial, historic and nationwide contexts. within the period while the ‘baby boomers’ have begun drawing their pensions, the bounds of what constitutes ‘old age’ have by no means appeared extra fluid, and growing old hasn't ever been offered via advertisers and sellers in a extra dynamic style.
- Malcolm Arnold: A Bio-Bibliography (Bio-Bibliographies in Music)
- Sergei Rachmaninoff: A Bio-Bibliography (Bio-Bibliographies in Music)
- Knowing Differently: The Challenge of the Indigenous
- The Mnemonic Imagination: Remembering as Creative Practice (Palgrave Macmillan Memory Studies)
- Great Satan's rage: American negativity and rap/metal in the age of supercapitalism
- Ideologien in der medialen Landschaft (German Edition)
Extra info for Batman and Psychology: A Dark and Stormy Knight
Batman and Psychology: A Dark and Stormy Knight by Travis Langley,Michael Uslan,Dennis O'Neil