By Patricia J. Campbell,Aran MacKinnon,Christy R. Stevens
- Introduces readers to significant theories, key phrases, strategies, and outstanding theorists
- Equips readers with the fundamental wisdom and conceptual instruments important for pondering significantly in regards to the advanced concerns dealing with the worldwide community
- Includes numerous supplemental good points to facilitate studying and increase readers' figuring out of the material
Read or Download An Introduction to Global Studies PDF
Similar globalisation books
During the last 20 years, governments have delegated large regulatory authority to foreign private-sector companies. This internationalization and privatization of rule making has been prompted not just by way of the commercial merits of universal ideas for international markets, but additionally by way of the conclusion that executive regulators usually lack the services and assets to accommodate more and more advanced and pressing regulatory projects.
Regardless of many years of coverage interventions and understanding elevating programmes, migration and mobility proceed to provide upward push to tensions and questions of ways to dwell jointly in a culturally different global. coping with Cultural switch takes a brand new method of those demanding situations, re-examining responses to migration and mobility as a part of a technique of handling wider cultural swap.
After Modernity? addresses a cluster of questions and concerns chanced on on the nexus of globalization and faith. This precise quantity learn a variety of religious-especially Christian-evaluations of and responses to globalization. specifically, the ebook considers the hyperlinks between globalization, capitalism and secularization-and the ways that "religion" is (or may be) deployed to handle various "hot button" issues.
Around the globe, populist routine are gaining traction one of the white operating type. in the meantime, participants of the pro elite—journalists, managers, and institution politicians—are at the outdoors taking a look in, left to argue over the explanations. In White operating category, Joan C. Williams, defined as having “something forthcoming rock famous person prestige” through the recent York instances, explains why a lot of the elite’s research of the white operating classification is erroneous, rooted in school cluelessness.
- The Politics and Institutions of Global Energy Governance (Energy, Climate and the Environment)
- Strengthening Governance Globally: Forecasting the Next 50 Years (Patterns of Potential Human Progress)
- Europe as a Stronger Global Actor: Challenges and Strategic Responses (European Administrative Governance)
- Trust, Democracy, and Multicultural Challenges
- Gender and the Politics of Possibilities: Rethinking Globablization (Gender Lens Series)
- The Postcolonial Politics of Development
Additional resources for An Introduction to Global Studies
An Introduction to Global Studies by Patricia J. Campbell,Aran MacKinnon,Christy R. Stevens